The semester is done

Not my best performance, but I’m pretty motivated to finish quickly. I need to get a part-time job, just something in the mornings a couple of days a week. It’s been suggested that I apply at the ARC, an organization that assists disabled persons. I have a few loose ends to wrap up, and I’ll be applying there.

The Thanksgiving holiday was odd. Good, overall. Christmas promises to be better, and then there’s my birthday in early January. 

We’re finally beginning to get the house into order. We sorted the living room out, and it’s been so fun to watch movies on the big screen after having that monster out of commission for eight months. Lots of video games too. I need the playstation to come home: now that there’s no school I feel a bought of obsessive Disgaea coming on. We have plans for two new games this Christmas, plus we’ll be indulging in the old Donkey Kong games for the SNES. Patrick has never played them, and I have such great memories of playing them with my best friend in middle school.

Our dog Penny has been enjoying this whole “couch” thing. It was buried under a mountain of computer parts, hardware, and tools, and we never spent any time there. She actually spends time in with Patrick now, passed out on the couch, rather than haunting my feet on the blanket under my desk. She’s such a funny dog.

Speaking of holidays, Patrick and I decided we’d give each other big gifts this year.  He’s ordering parts to upgrade his computer, and I got a Ladybug spinning wheel a few weeks ago!

My Ladybug

I got on the wheel, got the rhythm, and breathed, “This feels like something I should be doing for the rest of my life…” I’m in love, thoroughly, with the sights, sounds, smells, and the whole feel of it.


Zaynab, the owner of my favorite LYS Knitting Grounds, had been encouraging me. She destroyed my cop of the pink yarn by squishing it to death when I showed it to her, and she said over and over that she wanted to carry my yarn once I got a wheel. She really wasn’t kidding. I came in with a bunch of  “learning” yarn, and she grabbed the one on the left, started peeping, and wouldn’t let it out of her sight for the rest of the day. She bought it from me and knit it up on Thanksgiving into an urchin hat, and I think she has worn it nearly every single day since. I’m flattered. I’ll need to get a picture of her wearing it, because it’s adorable.


Since it was finals week, and I had no chance to reskein, set, and tag my yarns. I told her that I might have a batch for her yesterday, but I didn’t make it into the store once during the week! I showed up for the Friday night knits, and had a half dozen people asking me where my yarn was! It’s a bit overwhelming, but I’m having a great time!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s